Tesla Model Y latest information
A Model Y car taken at the Tesla Center at the Shanghai World Expo on January 18.
Y is the second vehicle produced and delivered to Chinese users after Tesla’s Shanghai Super Factory, following the Model 3 made in China, marking Tesla’s development in China has entered a new stage.
Tesla said that Tesla China-made Model Y will only be delivered in various cities in China, and the vehicles will be delivered to users at a speed.
It is understood that as Tesla’s second SUV, the Chinese-made Model Y is positioned as a high-performance, fully intelligent medium-sized SUV, with a panoramic glass roof that allows a wider field of view, a blackened full-vehicle chrome decoration, and a 15-inch central touch. The design of the control screen and the new center console and the new front door panel.
In addition, the Chinese-made Model Y long-range version has a cruising range of up to 594 kilometers. Charging at the V3 super charging station for 15 minutes can supplement up to about 250 kilometers of battery life. At present, Tesla has opened 720 super charging stations and 5,700 super charging stations in China. Among them, Shanghai has a total of 86 super charging stations, more than 880 super charging piles, and 48 destination charging stations, covering the core business districts, hotels, scenic spots and other popular areas that carry users’ leisure life.Inquired on Tesla’s official website, it is found that Tesla is now ordering a Tesla Model Y made in China, and the estimated time to pick up the car is the second quarter of 2021.
Model Y have Light body and large space
Here are the dimensions of the Tesla Model Y:
- Exterior Dimensions:
- Overall Length: 187 in or 4,750 mm
- Total Width:
- * Overall Width including mirrors: 83.8 in or 2,129 mm
- * Overall Width including folded mirrors: 77.9 in or 1,978 mm
- * Overall Width excluding mirrors: 75.6 in or 1,921 mm
- Total Height:
- Overall Height: 64 in or 1,624 mm
And here are the various weights for the Model Y:
- Curb Weight* Long Range Battery, Dual Motor: 4,416 lbs or 2,003 kg
- GVWR** Long Range Battery, Dual Motor: 5,302 lbs or 2,405 kg
- Gross Vehicle Weight Distribution – Dual Motor: Front 46% and Rear 54%
- Gross Axle Weight Rating – Front 20″ Wheels: 3,005 lbs or 1,363 kg
- Gross Axle Weight Rating – Rear 20″ Wheels: 3,307 lbs or 1500 kg
- *Curb Weight = weight of the vehicle with correct fluid levels, no occupants and no cargo
- **GVWR = Gross Vehicle Weight Rating
here is the Tesla Model 3 length, width, height datas, let to compared with model Y find difference.
The method of using aluminum honeycomb core to control the weight of the car body will become a trend
The latest model y uses a board containing an aluminum honeycomb core as a storage board in Chinese market , which reduces the weight of the car body, but still maintains the strength.our aluminum honeycomb core apply with Tesla Model Y and Model S to be produced in the United States immediately.